nice find on evilbay for drop tops... just wanted to give y'all a heads up...

I know, I know... my pile of tops far exceeds my skill and will to build... but I figure you gotta snag it while you can!!  I recently snagged some tops from ebay seller jlcraftwood and while they aren't mind blowing... they are really nice and bargain priced!  They did have some minor defects like one was pretty cupped (I can fix it!) and they might have some mineral streaks or inclusions... but pretty nice for the price! 

He had a number of 3A quilt and curly drop tops... and some 4A... most were $15-30!  Shipping is $21, but he said he'd pack up to 3 drop tops into one box.  so... first round I bought 2 tops - one for $20 and one for $18... total of 38 + 21 shipping.  Got those and they were pretty nice so last night I snagged 3 more.  

if yer looking for drop tops (he does have some carve tops but they were meh) you won't find much for a better deal.  I will post up some picks this weekend.

cheers!!

Thanks so much Mike!!

I'm working on putting a web page and Facebook page together so I can try and get away from "Evilbay"

I work hard to try and keep my customers happy with combine shipping and great customer service skills. I work hand in hand with the local mill to get the best pieces and yes these pieces may have minor flaws or cupping, but that's why I'm selling them and they are not on there way to the "BIG NAME" guitar makers. Please keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming sales and hopefully soon my Web page and Facebook page.

Thanks Jaymie of JLcraftwood 

Please email me with any questions jaymielee2008@outlook.com 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlcraftwood said:

Thanks so much Mike!!

I'm working on putting a web page and Facebook page together so I can try and get away from "Evilbay"

I work hard to try and keep my customers happy with combine shipping and great customer service skills. I work hand in hand with the local mill to get the best pieces and yes these pieces may have minor flaws or cupping, but that's why I'm selling them and they are not on there way to the "BIG NAME" guitar makers. Please keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming sales and hopefully soon my Web page and Facebook page.

Thanks Jaymie of JLcraftwood 

Please email me with any questions jaymielee2008@outlook.com 

right on.  just want to encourage you to enable my addiction to wood(send more wood to evilbay please)!!  Further, I know I am sometimes reluctant to spend a lot on a top as I still figure I'm "practicing" so... I would assume there are others' like me who appreciate a good bargain for that reason... and hoped to help them out too.  

would love to see some more quilt, burl, and good lord - if you ever come across any figured ash... please please please lmk!

• 2 weeks later...