Guitar Of The Month - May 2021

Welcome to the Guitar Of The Month entry for May 2021!

ProjectGuitar.com's Guitar Of The Month contest is a showcase for members to exhibit their creations and to vote on their favourites. The contest is open entry for any and all members, new or old. Winner(s) receive a featured article at the head of the ProjectGuitar.com homepage and elevated member status. ProjectGuitar.com receives tens of thousands of unique visitors monthly; Guitar Of The Month is a great way to showcase your creations to the world!

Submissions are open throughout the month with public voting open in the last week. Polls close on the first weekend of each month.

Lastly, if you didn't win a previous month's Guitar Of The Month contest, you are encouraged to enter your build again the next month for a maximum of three consecutive months. Sometimes one entry just hits it out of the park and eclipses everything!

Tips and Guidelines

• Upload a maximum of eight photos for the instrument in your post
  • Ensure that your guitar has a name otherwise we'll make one up 
  • List additional descriptive information specific to the build; for example....
    • The woods and materials used, especially if there is something unusual in there!
    • Scale length(s) and other specific configuration details
    • Electronics, pickups, etc.
    • Is this your first build, fifth or five-hundredth?
    • A bit of information on your own background as a builder helps give context to your build.
    • Was it built in the garage, at school, work or in your own shop?
    • A summary of the build's history. Was it built for yourself, friend/family or a client? Did you design the instrument and its specifications or was it built to spec?
    • What were the inspirations behind the instrument and why were various build aspects chosen?
    • Any background on what makes it special?
  • Posting a link to your guitar-building website, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. is fine, even if it is your business. In the spirit of fairness towards less experienced builders, we encourage professional builders to consider whether their entries constitute being "fair".
    • Commercial "standard" models are not a valid entry, guys....Guitar Of The Month is about unique and characterful builds, not rubber-stamped production units!
  • We reserve the right to pull entries that are thinly-guised adverts; ProjectGuitar.com is about community, sharing build processes and the exchange of ideas - not a vehicle for adverts by members that don't engage with the community.
  • If you documented your build in the forums, post a link to the thread; instruments with a build thread shared tend to attract more votes from the general community. In our experience this is the biggest attractor of votes.
  • ProTip: Voters vote with their ears as well as their eyes....if you have any soundclips of the instrument or even a YouTube video, do post it! Everybody loves to look at beautiful instruments, but hearing them demo'ed is 10x as important.

----==----

Unsure what to write? Have a look around the entry archives for suggestions!

----==----

If you have any questions about the contest, either PM the moderator team or ask forum members; we're a helpful bunch!

This thread is exclusively for entry posts only - any post that is not an entry will be deleted. We love to hear your discussions and opinions on the month's entries whilst the polls are open. Alternatively, head over to that instrument's build thread if one has been made in the entry post.

Hi there! We present anew the same guitar as last month in the hope that there will be more talking about it😃 .
Every question is welcome!

ALABARDA

Neck, back and sides: hollow monocoque structure in carbon fiber

Top: carbon fiber

Neck shape: thin D

Fingerboard: flat in carbon fiber

Frets: medium nickel silver

Nut: carbon fiber

Dots: aluminium

Machine head: carbon fiber by Heart-Sound 

Bridge: strings-through-body in carbon fiber with steel saddles

Switch: 5 position

Pickups: P90 by Electrical Guitar Company

Knobs: recycled from an old radio

Switch cover: ebony and maple

Weight: Kg 2,710

Scale: 25,1”

The Alabarda is the result of a personal sound research constantly in progress, it’s an instrument that comes with the aim of extending the expressive possibilities of the musician. It is loosely based on IsotonaG by Electrical Guitar Company, but adopts a unique design and is hand-forged from a single piece of carbon fiber. Its particular characteristics include: totally hollow structure (body and neck), dynamic and precise response to touch, richness of harmonics, great sustain, stability and resistance to atmospheric agents and temperature changes. Since the neck is maintenance-free, the Alabarda has no truss-rod.

We are Taurr Guitars, a small team of people who still believe in new analogue sounds. Our, albeit still limited, range of guitars includes instruments with a original design and re-interpretations inspired by traditional shapes that have made history. For our work, in addition to all the necessary tools for handwork, we also use a CNC machine and 3d modeling softwares for the design phase. The seat of our lab is Trapani, Sicily, Italy.

frontale.jpg

laterale-copy.jpg

manopole-copy.jpg

paletta.jpg

retro.jpg

switch.jpg

tastiera.jpg

top.jpg

corde-passanti.jpg

dettaglio-manopole2.jpg

dettaglio-retro.jpg

• Like 4

I made this some years ago.

Jet Jons Jag.

Build here:

SPECS:

3 piece Alder body

Maple Neck, EIR Fretboard 34" scale Tele Headstock

Jag bass redesign by my self.

All redesign, cnc cut by me and finish work by hand.

Finish was done with lacquer and 2 k clear coat.

BadAss 2 bridge,

EMG active pickups w/ three volumes and one master volume control

Hipshot tuners, 1 is a Drop D

Banjo Frets,  (the harmonics on this are a beast)

Sorry I lost many pictures in a HD Crash, so this is the best I have at present, had to get the owner to get me some.. LOL!!! Pictures from the owner John, Gigging ones are the owner in his Brian Adams Tribute band. This thing rocks. The first Bass I ever built. I let the owner finish sand the hand, arm and belly carve to suit him.

img100.jpg

img101.jpg

img102.jpg

img104.jpg

img105.jpg

img106.jpg

jetjon201.jpg

jetjon202.jpg

jetjon203.jpg

• Like 2

I completed this guitar late last fall. I've been building on and off for 10 years when I get the time. I built two almost identical at the same time but with different stains. One I sold to a client and one I kept for my office as a "test drive" so prospective clients can get a feel for what I build before commiting to a custom. 

Build thread is Here.

Specifications:

Name: Claymore

Body: Honduran mahogany (maple veneer) with grain matched cavity covers. Water based lacquer finish.

Neck: Paduak (maple veneers) with flame Maple binding and luminlay side dots. Tru oil finish. 25.5" scale length.

Fretboard: Ziricote with MOP logo at 12th fret.

Headstock: matching maple with Wenge and paduak accents. MOP inlay.

Frets: Jumbo stainless with hemispherical ends.

Hardware: Evertune bridge, Hipshot locking tuners, Graphtech nut.

Electronics: Bareknuckle Holy Diver set with camo finish. Push push volume for coil splitting. 

DSCF1503.jpg

DSCF1580.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1779-Edit.jpg

DSCF1871.jpg

DSCF1924.jpg

DSCF1625.jpg

DSCF1671.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...