Almost finished my first build

My first build is almost complete! 

The body is two piece alder that I illustrated on with posca pens and a few different ink pens. It was finished with a water-based polyurethane.

I did not build the neck, it is just a mighty mite neck from stewmac. I used my schools innovation center as my building space, so I wanted to make sure I’d be done by the end of the year (given that I started in February). Next fall I plan on doing an entire build from scratch over the course of the school year. 

I did not have access to a router when making the electronics cavities so I had to stick with a drill press and some chisels. I am very happy with how it turned out for a first time build.

I still need to finish the electronics, which I will do this weekend. It has a kill-switch as well as a push-pull tone pot that is intended to be used for parallel/series switching between the two single coil pickups. 

Let me know what you think! 

E68248A8-1029-4247-8299-C695F68960BC.jpeg

7EFBC514-7D09-4105-BA7F-8F7D1AD06EB5.jpeg

• Like 4

Very interesting interpretation of a Tele, not what I was expecting.

Coming from me this is a compliment: "It's a hippie's guitar".

A neat collaboration of art forms.

As a side note: I believe you can post pictures on DropBox, GoogleDrive etc. then link to them.

If I remember right, in the old days on this site that's how you had to do it.

• Thanks 1

Nice artwork! As @Dward13 said, a hippie's guitar indeed and from me it's also meant as a compliment. Although I've never been a hippie there's something heartwarming elements within the ideology.

The file size isn't as strict as it used to be, yet too large pictures. The problem with using cloud services only is that future readers won't see the pictures after your account expires. So please do attach pictures to your post and if needed add links for the better quality ones.