just some cool building ideas i saw

saw this and thought y'all might appreciate some cools details here...

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=3468057386793920

hope the link translates (it's komarproject on facebook... for a guy who's never built a guitar... pretty good and a lot of other interesting ideas on that page)

specifically I liked the idea of taking a bunch of thin boards and cutting into triangles and glueing back together for the back... might have to try that some time.  also a few other cool ideas like the skull on back.

6 hours ago, mistermikev said:

specifically I liked the idea of taking a bunch of thin boards and cutting into triangles and glueing back together for the back

On the Crimson board one guy made something similar out of pieces of various colours for a sunset effect. If memory serves me right there was some sort of landscape. He had other puzzle ideas too, unfortunately he hasn't found his way to this forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

On the Crimson board one guy made something similar out of pieces of various colours for a sunset effect. If memory serves me right there was some sort of landscape. He had other puzzle ideas too, unfortunately he hasn't found his way to this forum.

I guess it is a an age old woodworking technique... nothing new.  come to think of it my grandfather had this figured walnut end table that had that exact design for the top.  It never even occurred to me to use that on a guitar... but it looks great.