My project, first pic...

Maelstrom

Here is the first crappy pic of my first ever project. I will post better ones later but for now here's a sneakpeak. It was an black RG7620 untill 2 weeks ago when I started sanding. I composed an image scan(guess what anime?!) and made a photocopy of it, and transfered it to the guitar, similar to the material-tutorial. I couldn't have done it without this site... :D

Tell me what you think!

fore1.jpg

nersand.jpg

spray.jpg

lack1.jpg

lack2.jpg

polish.jpg

polish2.jpg

polish3.jpg

Sweet axe! Congratulations! Be sure to post pics when it's all reassembled.

I'm going to win the anime contest by saying:

Vampire Hunter D

So am i right?!?

If that were my guitar, i would save up some cash and send the neck away to Jeremy or someone; how sweet would it be to have cross inlays { like the tombstones on the guitar } instead of dots?!? I think it would look great!

Good job!

Ben

I'm going to win the anime contest by saying:

Vampire Hunter D

So am i right?!?

If that were my guitar, i would save up some cash and send the neck away to Jeremy or someone; how sweet would it be to have cross inlays { like the tombstones on the guitar } instead of dots?!? I think it would look great!

Yes you're right!

It is Vampire Hunter... And yes it would be cool making crosses in the neck but I'm not really to happy with the backside of the guitar though. Because it was my first project, I encountered numouros problems, one for using a thick laquer that made the white surface yellow, ruining the whole project... So I had to sand of that laquer, which wasn't the easiest thing to do. Also the fades on the side of the guitar was a little tricky to do.

But considering it was my first project, I'm pleased with the results...

bloodlust!!!!!!! its one of my favorite dvds!!!!!!!! ok im all giddy now, yea, i should do a tenchi muyo themed electric guitar, that would rock!!!!!!!

Only difference between Tenchi Muyo and Vampire Hunter D is that Vampire Hunter is cool, tenchi not :D

i was thinking of making my entire guitarcollection anime-related...

That would be cool...

How did you keep the paper flat attaching it to the guitar body. When I tried using Titebond II on mine the paper grew and got all wavy on me. I had the same problem with the veneer too.

What am I doing wrong? Too much glue? Not enough weight to hold it in place while the glue cures?

Anyway, I'm having good results using the 3M Photomount again on my guitar. I used some patterned gift wrap (thin but good quality paper) on mine. I'm almost ready to polish it up.