i officialy hate dremels

krazyderek

So, i'm trying these new truss rods that are exactly 7/32" wide, a size that doesn't exist in router bit world, but that does exist in a dremel bit.

So instead of making a new templet for my 5/32" single flute router bit i order this 7$ dremel bit thinking i got this all figured out. The bit finaly get here today, it's exactly the width of the truss rod, i'm happy as a clamb, i line up a rail for the dremel to run along and make a pass at 1/16".......

..... 45 minutes later i finish the first pass.... there's a couple of spots where the dremel shook a little and the slot ended up being a bit wider, no biggie i though,

on to the next pass, 1/8" deep, .............

......... 35 minutes later, same thing happens dremel wabbles a bit( the top part above the base) and parts of the slot are a bit wider and i start test fitting the rod and it's now loser then had i just used a 1/4" router bit in my router........

i think basicly the torque from the bit and the hard wood was causing the top of the dremel to move back and forth, i would hold it but that would just end up squewing it to one side....

so now i'm exactly where i didn't want to be, using a router bit that's to big and i'm going to have to shim th sides of the rod......

:DB):D:D:DB)B)B)B):D:DB)B)

ya, i was just pissed :D, i don't HATE it i guess, i just severly dislike my dremel, i was planning on using it for some other things but i think i'll be reconsidering that now...

yes i was using the router base i have.

you're kidding? i checked everywhere!!!!!!!! the fraud and cratfex dealer told me that they never heard of such a size, lee valley didn't have anything close,

ok i just ran a search on google.... i'm officially the biggest morron on this forum..

http://www.google.ca/search?as_q=7%2F32+ro...ch=&safe=images