ill place it here because its related to ebay

jeremywills

its sad, they are saying that on ebay already just a few hours after the shuttle break up someone is posting parts of that shuttle up for auction as souveniours, excuse my french, un****ingbeliveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so sorry

its sad, damn those people, how horrible, and please dont post a link to it, i dont even want to see it, ill take the news word for it, im sure of it, damnit i hate greedy people like that, not only is that theft of stolen "federal property" thats part of history, and someones grave, ok im going to shut up now

Thats absolutely disgusting! Do these people have no shame whatsoever? Personally I think there names and addresses should be made public so they can be permanently shamed! ( And other people would have a good opportunity to show them the error of there ways! ) How can people want to profit out of such a tragedy... it just beggars belief!

pathetic...

I don't see things the same way. I do see a lot of Columbia memorabilia, and sure there is some opportunist who posted a bunch of stuff they had, but a lot of that stuff was already on Ebay. I also don't think it's so wrong if people are selling this stuff for people who want to remember - by owning one of the pre-packaged tiles, a launch program, a mission patch etc.......

I work in an industry that is opportunistic - journalism. The number of newspapers produced by the Detroit News Agency nearly doubled last night. Will they all sell? Probably not. But do you think the DNA or any other news agency (print or otherwise) will pass up the opportunity to make more money? No. The television stations have been beating this thing to death, with little or no new info - more speculation than sympathy. Don't you think a memorial would be more appropriate? Maybe a news update every hour? It's all money.

It doesn't bother me enough I guess (selling memorabilia.) I actually thought about buying something - I was there at the very first launch (I think I was 8 or 9), and a couple of night launches throughout the eighties as well. I was thinking about the yellow t-shirt I wore the hell out of, and how I wish I still had it. Some tangible piece of a memory.

You want to talk pathetic? How about Hussein's cabinet member who says that he's happy that it happened - it was god's way of punishing us for our evil ways. Now that is pathetic.

To each his own. But I don't see a moral or criminal violation in the sale of this memorabilia at all - if it was tasteless or mocking I would agree wholeheartedly.

I don't see things the same way. I do see a lot of Columbia memorabilia, and sure there is some opportunist who posted a bunch of stuff they had, but a lot of that stuff was already on Ebay. I also don't think it's so wrong if people are selling this stuff for people who want to remember - by owning one of the pre-packaged tiles, a launch program, a mission patch etc.......

I work in an industry that is opportunistic - journalism. The number of newspapers produced by the Detroit News Agency nearly doubled last night. Will they all sell? Probably not. But do you think the DNA or any other news agency (print or otherwise) will pass up the opportunity to make more money? No. The television stations have been beating this thing to death, with little or no new info - more speculation than sympathy. Don't you think a memorial would be more appropriate? Maybe a news update every hour? It's all money.

It doesn't bother me enough I guess (selling memorabilia.) I actually thought about buying something - I was there at the very first launch (I think I was 8 or 9), and a couple of night launches throughout the eighties as well. I was thinking about the yellow t-shirt I wore the hell out of, and how I wish I still had it. Some tangible piece of a memory.

You want to talk pathetic? How about Hussein's cabinet member who says that he's happy that it happened - it was god's way of punishing us for our evil ways. Now that is pathetic.

To each his own. But I don't see a moral or criminal violation in the sale of this memorabilia at all - if it was tasteless or mocking I would agree wholeheartedly.

kirk u missed the point, people were selling parts of the crashed shuttle, aka the debris that was found on the ground afterwards, someone had picked some of it up and was already claiming it was for sale by auction, thats what pissed me off dude. i am all for selling legit memoerbilla, like a mission patch or a doll or something, i think that would be great if they came up with a charitable bear or something to help the familes out or to help fund the research or recovery operation, but selling charred bits of a crashed space shuttle is just plain wrong

Now, see....here's where I'm a little different than most.

I *would* bid on it.

I would do my damndest to win it.

Whatever it is, and for whatever amount.

You guys can stop spitting at me. Here's why:

- Kev wins auction (yay!).

- Kev gets contact info from seller.

- Kev now has what he needs. :-)

- Kev posts the address for the guys on Project Guitar.com. They have their "weapons of choice". They know what to do with them.

- Kev emails every major news agency in the US with the address/phone number of that FleaBay f*ckstick.

Result:

- One azzhole arrested (hindering a federal investigation is an instant felony; go to jail. Do not pass Go; Do not collect $200).

- One piece of evidence (if it was even real and not a chipped-off piece of ceiling tile) goes to the proper authorities.

...giving the investigators one more chance at solving this puzzle so we never have to do this again.