Help identify this guitar

Turned out the trem bar was assemble'd wrong :D I've got it all fixed now. Are the holes for the pickups humbuckers or single coil? I'd like to know so I can start working on the paint job before I save up the dough to buy the humbuckers. Or, could somebody give me the dimensions for a humbucker? (or maybe a printable template?).

I think it may just be a cheap japenese knockoff. It doesn't have the brand name on the neck plate, it just say "Made in Japan".

Oh, I haven't decided on the final paint job yet. ANy suggestions? (American Flag Colors suggestion noticed)

If it was mine, I'd probably sand the whole body real perfect, then wipe on an oil finish (maybe linseed oil). I'd scrape off any neck finish and oil that too. Not sure about the bridge. I'd probably at least try the one it has. I'd try to make an aluminum control cavity cover (like the white one in those pics) with those circles sanded into the aluminum ( like you see on some hot-rod car dash boards, etc). Then I'd see if some P-90's (soapbar pickups) would fit in there. Chrome covers on the pickups (would prefer real metal nickel ones, but never saw them). Then I'd string it up, adjust the truss-rod to it's "ideal " position (even if it would keep the neck from playing it's best at this point). I'd keep it in tune, and leave it that way for several months(I'd play it too, if it could be played fairly well), then I'd level the fret-board and re-fret it (on the neck-jig).

Others will tell you to glop several coats of nitro or whatever on it.

"it may just be a cheap japenese knockoff"

*** I'm assuming the Univox guitars were made in japan. Can someone say if this is so ?

*** I doubt the pickups that were on the guitar are actual P-90s, as in Gibson , or copies of Gibson P-90s.

You can look at the size of a real P-90 here :

http://www.lollarguitars.com/BobbinDesigns.../p90_bobbin.jpg