Post your current project ideas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im in the process of building my own design with inlayed flames on a carved top>the flames will be made out of Brazilian rosewood,paduk,black limba, macassar ebony,flamed redwood,east and west tiger maple,the fretboard Brazilian rosewood ,back black limba,neck solid Brazilian rosewood,headstock plate 100 year old blacker than black(none blacker) ebony from cuttyhunk mass>(from a ebony barge that sunk there)the top is going to be flamed rambutan,all bound with ebony

sounds crazy huh ill post the pics of the progress soon

Edited by bentwood999

Ben, I like that design, perhaps too pointy for me, but a good design none the less. I'll have to disagree with wes on the control plate though. The way you've got it set up looks very cool and very intentional. I think it's the fact that the curves on the second control plate look like if they were extended, they'd meet at the tangent of the curves on the ends of the tele plate. On that note, I think you should make the tele control plate and second control plate the same color, to tie them together a bit better.

peace,

russ

hbcopy.jpg

I like the dual hbs too, I'm just not sure if I can afford all this if I'm going to pay next months rent :D

I have all the tele hardware already you see- from a previous project that doesnt see much use anymore since my newer ones are better.

I'll have to do some more in depth budget analysis :D

I like the tele-esque version still though, and I might still go with that one.

A sort of in-between i considered is the tele one with a LP knob layout and a HB in the neck.

Thanks for the comments btw.

I tried adding a upper horn but couldnt get it to look right - yours looks good

I know what you mean! It took lots of attempts and lots of tweaking until I was satisfied with that horn.

Metal bodied single cut of my own design loaded with two humbuckers and a theromin, phaser, EMG AB and maybe fuzz. Switching to enable all or none.

Inspiration from Matt Bellamy (Muse) Manson guitars.

25" scale length

stop tail bridge.

Dont know how to do it just yet so might take a while.

Oh also a 26.5" scale length strat neck for tuning to C.

:D

Right now, I've got the following floating around my brain...

A chambered Klein electric type guitar with a short scale compound radius neck, humbuckers and piezo pickups.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Robert

My ebay bookmatched blackline maple set just came. guitarstuff.jpg

It was 26 bucks, so i couldnt let it get away, so now im thinking about my next project. My idea is an sg style guitar with one humbucker, and one knob, and a kill switch. Pretty metal. I'm not sure about tremolo though. Does anyone know how thick a guitar needs to be to have a floyd rose munted on it? Thanks.