Rack Cases

daveq

For someone who just wants to keep the children from damaging equipment (not traveling with this stuff), how important is it to get a high end rack case? What I need it for is to get my stuff up out of reach (mount it on a wall or maybe a shelf) and I'd also like to be able to close it up for protection against flying objects.

I think SKB is considered high-end stuff, right? I just need something that will do the job and fit about 4-6 full space units. Spending $140 seems a bit much but if it will protect >$1000 of equipment, I guess I don't mind.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave SKB is a very good buy for the price but they also have higher end case's for shock mount as well if you travel which you don't.

I built my own case's once purchasing the rack rails and other hardware needed and while they turned out looking pretty good the cost involved in the hardware plus the amount of time really made them expensive in the end.

In wood class I made a stand for 2 guitars, I am sure that with a little bit of thought you can probaly "fashion" something to hold 2 or more cases with locks on them and such??

Curtis

P.S. if you do get some ideas for that be sure to send them my way :D

Curtis

Thanks guys.

I ended up getting a two-slot SKB rack case just because it's all the shop had. The 4 slot was almost $60 more so I went with a 2 slot which is really all I need for a while. I thought about making my own out of wood but I have such little time to spend building that I'd rather spend my time working on my guitars.

I really didn't see anything in it's construction that jumps out as being "high-end" though. It's just a hard plastic (I guess) box with aluminum rails. They must be making a fortune selling this stuff.

Curtis - I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. Are you talking about guitar cases? Thanks anyway.