59 V

MzI

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx, the reason why i dont set it up myself is cuz i dont know how to yet and i dont have the files or the money to buy a set as of right now

honestly om really not that into this guitar right now, like its not turin out the way i want, hopefully when i play it and it sounds good ill be happier with the results but right now i just wanna get the project done and over with so i can start workin on the next one, ill prolly end up makin another v next summer and this one will prolly end up sittin in the corner or sumthin who knos find out in a week when i get it back

MzI

ps, ill post some more pics tomarrow when i get all the parts on it and what not

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i finally got the guitar back, sound is quite amazing, and it sustains forever, im definetly sold on the neck thru design its so much easier then bolt ons, a couple things i dont like bout the guitar itself are my own mistakes, the neck is too thick i think i sprayed too much lacquer on it, the neck angle isnt quite enough, tho the action is low enough a slightly greater angle on the neck would be benifitial, the finish didnt come out great but ive learned alot so next one should come out a lot better, as for end results im goin back to the drawing boards and am redesigning the whole thing goin thru things i wanna change for the next one i do which i will be building next summer but the design process is already started

i havent taken any pics with my digital camera yet but i have some taken with my regular camera but the film isnt developed so maybe a lil later today ill post some photos its nice out today so they should come out good

as for the next one, im goin solid purple heart body, with a purple heart neck thru, im really not worried bout weight or brightness cuz i have a solid maple explorer which actually sounds good btw anyways heres some mock up pics of what im thinkin

Black Pickguard

White pickguard

basically my choice right now is between a white and black pickguard, hardware will be all gold cept for black pickup rings and black knobs, fretboard im really not sure on yet, ill prolly just use the bolivian rosewood again cuz i already have that

tell me what ya think

MzI