oh boy just botched my neck

Well I had nothing to cut it so I tried numerous things, it was too hard to handsaw, so I tried an electric saw but I got some burn marks and the wood got pretty uneven so I stopped...then I chiseled the majority but as you know with chisels the wood will crack and keep cracking....

^     |---| <Excess Wood

Actual

Neck Width

What's the best way to get rid of that extra wood? it's a little under a centimeter...keep in mind I dont have many tools available to me (power tools)...I am exposed to bandsaw access this weekend if that's the right way to go.

Well the rule is that if glue is given the proper time to dry and its clamped good, then the joint will be stronger than the wood so i assume it would be just as strong or stronger if you use a 3 peice laminate. But dont quote me on this

In the Benedetto book, he uses a bandsaw to remove most of the wood and then finishes off (rounding) by sanding on a belt sander. No planing or scraping needed, but then again, he's a pro. :D

ima just go for the bandsaw then, instead of buying a used plane or anything like that....the surface is very bumpy right now...so I plan on just bandsawing it off rather then smoothing it out (the neck is going to be very thin anyways...it's an ibanez/jackson like neck)