Oh crap! Warped quilt

Got a nice piece of 1/4 quilt maple joined and glued. A week ago, I took it out to check the quilt and get an idea of where I wanted to cut out the body shape. Well, I took a damp paper towel and wiped it on there to kinda pop the grain out a bit, then I put it back in the box it shipped in. I was ready to cut it today and I took it out and it was warped about a quarter inch. Ouch.

So I have applied a damp cloth to the other side, set it on a flat surface and then put as much weight on it as I could. Is this the right thing to do? Will it ever go flat enough to glue on to the body(or does it matter)? Any suggestions would be appreciated. It was kind of a expensive piece of wood and I feel like I made a really dumb-a$$ mistake.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I think you'll be fine. I had some walnut do that on me. Its a drop top, so you can stram it with the slothes iron too. There's info on that pinned at the top of this pag.