Pic's of new project....

I brought this off ebay a few weeks back and today it finally came :D It's not a Jackson but the seller said it was an exact custom copy, if this was made by a pro luthier, by another manufacturer or if it was made in someone's shed I don't really care, it's well built :D

I was told it was Black Walnut?, I have no knowledge of wood so if someone could corfirm this for me please? I'll post some better pic's when I've stripped the shitty black paint off B)

PIC_0004.JPG

PIC_0001.JPG

I've stripped most of the paint off this afternoon, took quite a while. I used some paint stripper and a stanley blade and gave it a very quick sand with an electric sander. I still need to strip the bridge and pickup cacities a lot more.

More pic's coming shorty :D

What I used on the black walnut bass I'm building is that Warwick Surface Finisher, which you can get off MusiciansFriend. The only problem is that it is sensitive to moisture, so if your hands are at all wet, the finish gets kinda cloudy. You have to apply another coat to make it go away. According to the Warwick guys, a light coat of tung oil at the end will solve this, but I have yet to try that.

$.02 :D

Sorry but I don't have a scanner :D

I've done loads more sanding today, I'm going to make a new rear control cover out of a sheet of alloy tomorrow to replace the shitty plastic one it came with. I'll post some more pic's in the 'In Progress..' forum very soon B)

I'm just using an off-cut of 3 or 4mm flat alloy, I've used diamond plate before but seeing as the cover is on the back of the guitar the pattern will stick out further than the body itself. I might get it anodised gold to match the rest of the hardware.

What I used on the black walnut bass I'm building is that Warwick Surface Finisher, which you can get off MusiciansFriend. The only problem is that it is sensitive to moisture, so if your hands are at all wet, the finish gets kinda cloudy. You have to apply another coat to make it go away. According to the Warwick guys, a light coat of tung oil at the end will solve this, but I have yet to try that.

$.02 :D

Think you could find the link? I looked for it, but couldn't get any hits. Thanks B)

hey that guitar is awesome, send me a pm when u have it done and show it to me.