Who makes an axe shaped guitar?

Hi All,

Besides the old Kramer models made for Gene Simmons, who else has made a guitar shaped like an axe? I spotted one the other day in a Cheech and Chong movie, the Corsican Brothers. Basically I'm trying to find as much pictures as possible so I can build one from scratch but I need as many pics as possible to figure out the right dimesions and overall size.

Tanks,

Sam

Very cool guys, thanks. I can't afford to by an original Kramer so I'm going to make one but I was thinking of using the carvin neck-thru blank as a foundation.

I'd be tempted to go for a three piece unit: make the black part, bolt a neck onto it, and screw in third piece (the blade). IMO, it seems like an easier approach than trying to build around a neckthrough.

Jackson also a built a few for Gene.

Basically, Gene owns the shape, so he can have whoever build one.

Kramer wouldn't be able to build them again, unless they had persmission from him...

Which makes you wonder about something like the JEM...

Does Steve own the shape, or did he sell it to Ibanez?

If he owns it, and then pulls out of his contract, the whole JEM and RG line goes...

Interesting!

:D

Jackson also a built a few for Gene.

Basically, Gene owns the shape, so he can have whoever build one.

Kramer wouldn't be able to build them again, unless they had persmission from him...

Which makes you wonder about something like the JEM...

Does Steve own the shape, or did he sell it to Ibanez?

If he owns it, and then pulls out of his contract, the whole JEM and RG line goes...

Interesting!

:D

whoa! that is interesting