How to transport tubes?

pour bleeding me

i just got a jcm 800 and my other guitarist got a plexi....im new with tubes but i know they can break real easily..and i gotta transport my amp all the time...i wanted to know how everyone else transports tubes and what they do to make sure they dont shatter on the trip home....thanks

I have a roadcase for my Musicman 210 - Sixtyfive. Its got lots of foam padding lining the inside. Of course, in the amp's upright position the tubes (original EL-34's) hang down so I load the case into my truck upside down with the wheels facing up. That way there is no chance of the tubes getting rattled loose.

well i mean do you guys just let the head sit in the middle of the back of the trucK? or do u just pack them in tight? i was thinking about making a system where the heads bolt down to the bed of the truck...so they wont fly around...sound good or no?

Of course I make sure things won't slide around. Since my truck has a wooden deck I can temporarily screw a piece of wood down beside the amp. You could also get a collabsible brace, similar to what professional movers use. Pack everything in the front of the box, insert the brace against everything with the rubber, non-slip pads locked on the sides of the truck box.

2 words: Road Case. Try 'em on ebays search.

OOh heres one!

Seriously I bought an $80 road case for my mesa combo. Its padded on the inside etc... I figure it'll save me at least that in damaged tolex. Your tubes should be held tightly in place by the sockets as long as there funtioning properly.

See my avatar for the rest of my roadcase.