Single -action truss rod channel

I've seen companies do it both ways.If I remember correctly Fender skunk stripes used to be curved inside by a small amount for optimum response.

I'd think that a 12"-14" curve would do the job for a good reponse.Although I'd wait to see what the others have to say first.

I've always routed a curved slot for my single action truss rods. The principle of the rod is that when tensioning it, it tries to straighten so putting force upward in the middle of the neck,against the curve caused by the string pull.

I have seen some companies use a straight rod (Yamaha I thinkis one) but then the rod is not parallel to the strings! It's installed so that there is a small angle at the nut end. Ie the rod is closer to the strings at the nut and further away at the body. The theory being that it forms the hypotenuse of a triangle and tightening it causes a backward force at the nut which will counteract the string pull.

Keith