Rhoads Project

i think you should leave it the way it is now...

when the pickups are in there, and strings are over it, i dont think it will seem TOO big, and i think the guitar would look better with the larger space than with a solid coat of paint. Plus, you will have better versatility with 2 pickups as opposed to one. Oh, and if you put on mounting rings, they will make the space even smaller(you could even fabricate some thicker ones yourself if you want to make the gap quite small). That's my opinion, but its all up to you. Nea

Hmm... it might be because of the angle that the picture was taken but something looks off. The neck might fit perfectly in the pocket but it looks like the scale is off with that body.  Just by measuring with a ruler on my computer screen, the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, then taking that distance from the 12th fret, the bridge will wind up in the middle of the pickup hole. Like I said, it might be just an optical illusion with the picture so please check it out on the actual guitar.

Yeah it's just an illusion, the pic was taken at an angle, so it's not a prefect birds eye view :D

The only other thing I suppose I could do is route the pickup cavity closer to the neck and fill the rest of the gap up

Yeah, and its no big deal... so your neck pickup will have a slightly different tone to what it would have been like had it been up against the fretboard. I personally would be happy at the way its turned out... the neck pickup will still have a fuller low end, but might have just that smidge more bite B)

Ive got nothing against the solid colour in general (gloss black with gold hardware plz :D), but it just seems a bit of a waste for not a very good reason - it could be a blessing in disguise!

great pics as usual, looks pretty sleak dude, why didn't you push the neck pocket in a bit though? using a premade neck? or maybe you're just not as anti-big-ass-heel as me :D

yes sir

aanj all the way...

i like the bridge a lot, gotta get me one

\