Rhoads Project

I thought I'd post some progress pics of my Rhoads body. I've finished sanding and have started to polish it. I've gone for some Beeswax polish, it's not the quickest method and only time will tell how well it works but it's looking good so far :D I've also bead blasted the paint off the old bridge and started to polish it, it'll be Nickel Plated soon and hopefully my neck is on the way.

jacksonwaxedcloseup.jpg

Scratch it and DIE cat!!! :DB)

catguitar.jpg

They're made by Schaller, the finish was in bad condition when I got it so I bead blasted the paint off. Bit weird having fine tuners without a trem, but if it works well who cares? :D

This is what they look like new...

0197_1lg.jpg

great pics as usual, looks pretty sleak dude, why didn't you push the neck pocket in a bit though? using a premade neck? or maybe you're just not as anti-big-ass-heel as me :D

I didn't make the body myself I brought it off ebay. I don't fancy altering this body because I'll only mess it up B)

As for a neck I've got a few options, I've brought a few bits for various projects, I'm just waiting for them to be delivered. There's a Jackson 24 fret, revesre h/stock, sharkfins, locking nut, a Kramer neck with dot inlays and scalloped frets, no locking nut and a cheap no name neck with sharkfins.

I think the Jackson will be first choice, even though it does have a locking nut which is a bit weird on a non-trem guitar :D The left over one's will be used on my guitar(s) I build myself.

I missed out on the Jackson neck :D but the other neck with sharkfins arrived this morning and it's a perfect fit :D it's pretty rough though, looks like it'll need a re-fret and the binding replacing :D but it was cheap :D

I'll post some more pics soon B)

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as a I still can't find a suitable neck I've come up with an idea This neck fits perfectly but there's not enough over-hang on the fretboard and the gap between the bottom of the neck and the neck pickup looks too weird (to me anyway) ....so I've decided to fill the neck pickup and paint the guitar :D

It's a shame seeing as I've spent hours waxing it but it's better than it sitting in the corner collecting dust. I've got a mate who works in a car accident repair centre so I'll see if he can paint it for me B)

I was thinking White with gold hardware and a single EMG 81, what do ya reckon?

neckandbody_rhoads.JPG

Seeing as a I still can't find a suitable neck I've come up with an idea  This neck fits perfectly but there's not enough over-hang on the fretboard and the gap between the bottom of the neck and the neck pickup looks too weird (to me anyway) ....so I've decided to fill the neck pickup and paint the guitar  :D

Hmm... it might be because of the angle that the picture was taken but something looks off. The neck might fit perfectly in the pocket but it looks like the scale is off with that body. B) Just by measuring with a ruler on my computer screen, the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, then taking that distance from the 12th fret, the bridge will wind up in the middle of the pickup hole. Like I said, it might be just an optical illusion with the picture so please check it out on the actual guitar.