Bolt on les paul

I can't say that I know for sure, but Warmoh make their LP bodies and necks Bolt On, and they seem to think there is no loss of sustain. But I wouldn't trust me, wait for the real experts to get here.

(I read the "Bad Advice" thread wes!)

thanks for your help B) , i have another question.

I want to make a double cut away, carved top les paul type guitar with a flamed maple top, but i dont want to spend alot on a 1" thick maple top, could i carve the bodys wood and put a veneer on it? or will the venner not bend enough? :D

thanks

Lee

my opinion is that a set neck is much nicer on a gibson style guitar as compared to a bolt on...generally you will have more sustain but you CAN get around that with a tightly fit bolt on.

as far as the top goes,most les paul style guitars have poorly figured maple caps,which are quite inexpensive...you can probably find something suitable for around $20 at a hardwood store

and the les paul tone also depends on that thick maple cap...it tightens up the tone of the mahogany.

if you want a lespaul tone...make it a set neck and use a thick maple cap....1" is not necessary though...1/2" is fine(depending on the depth of your carve of course)