November happenings

Of course there will be a new "Web site of the month" and if anyone has been tooling through the forum they already know who's will be featured.

The "Guitar of the month" has yet to be announced :D

Tutorials in the works are as follows: :D

"Scalloping" the full length of your fret board

"Set-ups" a six part series with an introduction dealing with the essentials, showing you the step by step through a professional guitar set up.

Tutorials planned but not in the works yet (by myself anyway):

Pick guards a two part tutorial dealing with different ways to make them.

Swirl paint jobs-possible entry coming in from a friend of Project Guitar.

Rewards for support program: :o

A new program offering rewards for people who help Project Guitar.com to remain up and running. :D

Other than that more searches on the web for important new information that helps us all in the quest for making or customizing our own guitars. So bring a friend next time you drop by the forum, maybe he or she will have something to contribute helping us all learn!

B)

I received this message in my e-mail today!

I can do a tutorial on inlaying a vine onto a fingerboard.  I've got pictures starting from selecting material to drawing a pattern and laying out the pattern on the fingerboard. I can also include a full scale printable drawing of the vine so people can simply print it out and cut away!

So it looks like we may have a full blown inlay tutorial with download coming soon as well! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Another November Announcement: Kevan's Moving!!!

Yep- headed to Ohio in the morning. Goodbye cable modem; hello dial-up (Bri- I'll feel your pain. LOL). I'll get back on broadband as soon as we move into the new house.

My email is down due to a server move. It should be back up by this weekend. I'll email everyone with my new address and phone numbers as soon as we get into the new house (after 11.22.02). I'm glad we're dealing with all this crap at once instead of little bits all over the place. One headache instead of 10. LOL

Trust me- this is a GREAT move. Not only for her career and mine, but to get 3x the house for half the price! :-) I'll have my own music floor! WooHoo! Plus, as Frank Sinatra said, "If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere." I think we'll dig it in OH. BTW- you are all invited over! Just give me 24 hours notice so I can get my underwear off the floor. :-P

I have pics for a tutorial that I still have to write out. It's called "Elbow Grease". I turned a $15 guitar into a $150 guitar with only a Phillips screwdriver and a bunch of 'elbow grease'. :-) It's more for the beginner, but some experts might pick up some tips. I hate typing on this little laptop, so when I get back on my Mac, I'll get it all typed up for Bri to post.

You guys have a GREAT week. I'll check with ya when I get to OH on Friday.

P.S.- Anyone want to buy a house on the beach in NY? :-)

I knew a move was coming, but Ohio was a surprise to me. I know you will enjoy the extra space. Now you'll be able to use the kitchen counter to prepare food instead of re-fretting guitars. I suppose the Critters will have their own area too.

I would love to come visit. Perhaps a road trip is in order some time next summer.

• 2 weeks later...