Metal picks

I used to use a stainless steel or copper pick (green stains on fingers not good) when i played live. They absolutely destroy your strings, which is why i never used them outside of gigs (when i always had fresh strings on). But i really saw no benefit... they were super-bright, but most hard polycarbonate picks are bright as well, and my strings last longer.

Nothings better than a JAZZ III for shredding :D I used a metalpick once.. i didnt like it, it broke strings pretty quick and made the guitar sound sterile.

Ditto on the Jazz III's, been using them for years. B)

Metal picks shread strings quickly, they'll literally scrape the string flat and even splinter (metal splinters suck). But the do sound really cool for about five minutes. :D

I like those normal Davas(best picks period).I noticed they make metal tipped ones now.Has any1 tried those or any other metal pick?

PS normal Davas will improve your pickin no matter your style or level B)

I use the Dava's as well and I agree, they're the best pick out there. Easy to hold and any gauge you need depending where you hold them. I got 2 metal-tipped Davas for x-mas and I use them ocassionally on my electric but not all the time. No problems with string wear. I don't use them on my acoustic though, too bright for that and I like to use my fingers anyways.

They do have lotsa bite, really bright sounding. I only use a little fast alternate picking but it helps ALOT to do that. :D