MOP inlaying

You got me.

Fine chisel? Scoring/cutting the outline and then removing what's between the lines? I don't know how to do inlays, I just know that lots of people use Dremels. There are a few threads on inlays, some of which link to offsite tutorials/pictorials.

Greg

Try this part of the site guys..

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial4.htm

Make sure you read them ALL, and then see if you still have any questions. There is a lot there, and most of it's very usefull.

Were here to help!

C. Lavin

I really forget the name, sorry. Its an acryilic availabe at Masecraft Supply, and it's blue swirl, more of a teal green in it as well. Any material can be used for inlay as long as the hardness is around 3 on the Mohs scale.

I also only use the softer or more scratch prone materials high on the fingerboard, where on an acousticnormaly there is not the mopst playing time. For electrics I try to stay with shells, metals, and stone. On headstocks you can use almost anything workable. No wear there normally..

Craig L

:D hey i wsa wondering if anyone new how to router a hole to inlay mop?

i know that this is problaly a really dumb question but i want to bulid a guitar and i have some really cool desins for a inlay. B)

I used a dremel. You can get some real small bits.

man that inlay is awesome :D

Good job on it

( hope mine looks that good lol)

man that inlay is awesome :D

Good job on it

( hope mine looks that good lol)

Thanks, you can do it, just take your time. I am working on a tutorial, but I'm not sure when it will be done. I'm doing it in between Playing and waiting for my wife to go into labor. B)

Here are some more picture of the progress.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/im181owne...arProject.shtml