Guitar Kit updates

Brian

Oddly enough, Brian, I was just looking at those kits again. Tell me, in the photos the bodies looked part finished? Are they or is my bad eyesight in need of a check again?

:D

The kit's are basically the SAGA kit's when they start out. I cut out the headstock shape and finish off the clearcoat so the customer just ends up with a no-name neck. The body's come already sanded and sealed with a sanding sealer thats tough as nails.

I do modify the kit's a little more making sure the part's fit the way they should and also by adding sheilding to the electronic cavity's, every now and then they send out a kit to me thats less than desirable and I have to ship it back so there is no hassle about that either.

The kit's themselves have been given a bad rap in other forums because of two things: the first being the strings that come with them. I ship the kit's out with a second set now because the original set's you could tow a truck with and they would still strech out. The second thing would be the tuner's. They are basic and not really made to a quality standard but they are functional.

That's great - thanks!

:D

I just finished up the tele kit and have to agree on the tuners and the strings. The rest of the kit is really good.

The only thing that I would add is to plug every pre-drilled hole and drill them again to make sure they are right. It seems like every hole in the kit was just a little off here and there. Instead of saving me time, they actually held me back a little.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm really happy with the end result and the sound of the guitar. I never liked Tele's before I built one. Now, I'm going to build another! :D