Hanging a neck for finishing...

theres holes where the tuners go and also on the heel B)

umm...well to ANSWER your question.... :D

i use a clotheshanger,straighten the part the clothes usually hang on,hang it from a nail(upside down)then run the hook through the top tuner hole...

i reshape the hook just a liitle to make it run straight in the tuner holes so that the hook itself isn't in the way of the painting

theres holes where the tuners go and also on the heel B)

umm...well to ANSWER your question.... :D

i use a clotheshanger,straighten the part the clothes usually hang on,hang it from a nail(upside down)then run the hook through the top tuner hole...

i reshape the hook just a liitle to make it run straight in the tuner holes so that the hook itself isn't in the way of the painting

Ok... thanks. The tuner holes did occur to me, but I couldn't figure out a way to hang it without blocking the paint.

For Bolt-on's I'll often screw the neck onto a wooden handle and have a hole in that to hang it. gives you great control when you are spraying and helps you to avoid runs since you can flatten it out. I also like to leave the part of the neck that comes in contact with the guitar unfinished, so it works out well.

Howdy,

As Wes said he does, I just use a hanger. Bend the end of the hanger up a bit so the neck does not fall off. I make sure to spray the headstock from the sides as well as straight on. Works just fine.

My only problem with finishing necks is that I tend not to use enough Nitro overt the entire neck.

Take care and take pictures.

Guitar Ed

And if you only want to paint the back of a neck then I would not hang it all. It is better to just lay it flat on the fretboard and finish it then, as this reduces the risk of runs in the finish....at least that way I have never had much problems with runs and as I finished a hanging neck I got alot of ugly runs....