Make a custom guitar...

:D I was fitting the hardware and found a little hiccup. Those Schaller roller bridges are real tall. And my fretboard is too low. I started recessing the bridge and found that its not enuf, still need about 5 mm to get optimal range of height adjustment. So I'm pondering and wondering. I went to a few music stores in hopes of finding a lower profile TOM, no go. Another option would be to install a strat style bridge, nice 'n low, but a stringthru on an SG? Don't think so. OK, so I'm pondering and wondering some more and then it came to me. I gotta thin the body out some more. Its already a bit thick for an SG so its ok. It just goes to show you, there is ALWAYS a way around it! B)

1-5/8" to 1-3/4" . The thinner areas are forward because of the beginning of the neck angle. My main goal is to get the entire top down about 3/16" (5mm) all around making the body a thick 1-1/2". That should lower the pickguard and bridge enough so the strings bottom out on the frets w/ bridge ajdustment all the way down. Then I will have some adjustment room upwards.