explorer (Almost done)

yay! so i just got back from vacation, after having to leave as soon as i got my explorer back from paint, but now it almost done. heres a pic

DSC00023.jpg

heres what i have left to do:

make a black pickguard (im thinking about leaving the white one, but i dont think i will)

wait for the floyd rose posts to get in/install floyd rose

get a new pickup holder thingy (The neck one is broken)

get '57 classic pickups (right now all i have is a generic in the bridge position

get new input jack (the one htats in it is all rusted and stuff

replace 99% of the screws (they're all old and rusted and stripped)

order/install straplocks

so i have a good bit of work to do, but the only thing left before it's playable is the floyd rose, so ill prolly put off the rest untill i finish some other stuff i got goin on

post your comments please

lol ya its a cross

i was going to do an oak inlay of the cross, but then the inlay itself broke in a freak table saw accident, so i just decided to leave the hole. ive seen it done with a hole that goes all the way through, but not like this, so eh

here ill get a pic real quick

I'd go with a black pickguard, but that's just me. As for an oak inlay... well... it's your guitar, dude. :D

Strictly speaking, Jesus' cross was likely shaped more like a capital 'T' than a lower-case 't', but then nobody would catch the reference and would wonder why the heck you have a big "T" on your guitar.

Hope the rest comes together as planned!

thanks for all the feedback

what i meant about the jesus cross was that it looks not smoothe, they wouldnt have sanded it :D

no, i didnt make it, got it off ebay, and its not a gibson, but a gibson clone, i just cut the cross when i refinished it, well, i didnt refinish it, i prepped it then got a pro painter to do it for me

thanks all