Ok...I am going to build a electric guitar...Im lookin at 300 bucks to spend on woods and frets...And I just cant deside on what it is im going to build...A JS style guitar appeals to me, So does a really really nice anderson strat looking thing,Yet so does a laminate top PRS sorda looking thing...I have carved a mandolin top and back so, Carving is down good, So making anything with a carved top is no extrem task. Im just looking for Ideas that any of you might could share that would trip my trigger so much that I deside on that for sure.

i have the same problem and you know what i decided?i am going to build all of them at the same time.the wood is the cheapest part(except for ornamental tops) so i am going to buy enough to build about 4 of them at the same time.i will use the same type of bridge on all of them so i can just order one to take dimensions from.that way i can use the down time from one guitar to work on another,then when i have them all finished and hanging in my closet i will buy the hardware as i can afford it and bring them to life one at a time.

don't mean to depress you but you may have more money available now than you will after college.unless you don't get married.the older you get the more stuff you have to pay for.houses,cars,wife,kids(idon't have any kids but i hear they're expensive).enjoy being able to buy what you want now cause after your married you'll have to ask permission.it doesn't matter how much i make cause whatever it is my wife spends it.it all just goes"into the budget"if i was single i would have about 100 guitars but as it is i only have 4(plus pieces of 2)be proud to be a "poor college freshman"cause that's the most fun you'll ever have.(unless you invent something and get rich)

man i depress myself!

p.s. off the subject but when i was in high school my teacher was asked if it sucked so much being a teacher why did he keep doing it?my teacher replied"it's better than death"how's that for uplifting?

Yeah but im still in the highschool days heh...I might get a job this summer if I can...That would give me alot of money to put to guitars and I shouldnt have to save long to buy hardwear. Im probobly gonna buy most of it from Brian...He has the best prices on dimarzio pickups i have seen. And he has floresent green knobs! SCORE. :D