Need some help installing bolt on neck

Hi all: I need some pointers/help/advice on installing a replacement Strat neck on a MIM Strat. The neck pocket is too large for the replacment neck - well, actually I think the neck is too small (it's around 1mm shy of 2 3/16"). The old neck fit pretty tight, except the low E string was closer to the edge of the fretboard than the high E. Anyway, on the replacement neck, I have the tuners installed (regular Kluson-style Gotohs) and the nut is installed as well (an Earvana 1 5/8" compensated nut). I need to drill the holes in the neck to bolt everything together - what is the best way (or even one accurate way) to set everything together properly? String up the Es and line everything up together?

Hi davei and welcome to the forum :D

Yes the finish will add just like Wes said and of course you want to string up the high and low E align it, then clamp the neck onto the body with a soft tip clamp or just hold it while you tap through the body holes to mark where you will need to drill the holes for your screws.

Hope it's not a Mitety Mite neck those are famous for being to small on the neck pocket end.