how do i build a stick?

They're not all that different than a guitar, really. The bridge would be the trickiest part, though you could cobble together some individual guitar/bass single-string bridges. Put a felt pad and a zero fret just before the nut (which is really more of a string guide), set the action real low and get some really sensitive active pickups and you should be set. There are lots of other "touch-style" guitar designs you could use for reference as well.

actually looking at it its quite engenious in the marketing sence, it is one piece of wood. with the fretboard as part of the wood, also the electronics is housed in a box and just installed later, meaning the route for the electronics is a simple angled paralellogram. The only thing that is hard to get is the bridge, and the frets are patented by them as "rail" frets. i suppose if you get the parts you most likely would make the total costcost much less then the manufactored stick (1810 seems a tad too much)

read up on the frets, the first one is

These frets are 3/16 inch diameter stainless stell rods which slide into "open O" configured grooves from the side of the board. The are anchored below the surface with no visible apoxy. These round frets are exceptionally smooth to the fingers and never wear down. They are slightly lower to the board than "jumbo" guitar frets and are uniform and exact in height, allowing for very light touch, a greater dynamic range, and fast execution.

seems hard to find but maybe a nail would do? and it seems the slots would be hard to cut

the other frets also look strange, they stick out and they have a sharp point, i suspect it would be easy enough to take regular frets and ground them to this angle, i bet they wear down quickly so i think ss frets are recomended

also the nut looks very strange.

so i think you can be the next chapman and make the inovations yourself

i Know you've moved on, but even going back to the two outputs thing, to have clean and dirty for different pickups, could you not just have a stereo jack and send the two outputs to different amps?

well it is important with a stick to have active electronics i think,but even if you had passive(you would have to have a blade style pup because of the string spacing i think),i don't think a stereo jack would work like that

so no...i think you would need 2 jacks,2 cords,2 amps