help amp too loud!

Snork

Dude, it's a 120 watt amp! I guess you could use an attenuator, like a Hotplate or a PowerBrake. It's like using a half stack in your bedroom - it's just too much.

Dude, right now I'm running two half stacks in my bedroom. A Peavey Supreme/Carvin 4x12 and a Sunn Beta Lead/Jackson 4x12. At the same time. My neighbors must hate me... :D:D

I've been by people far more knowledgeable about amps than I that Hotplates and similar attenuation devices don't work too well with solid state amps, to the point of possible damage. Since the guy that told me this is an amp builder (twisteramps.com), I'm inclined to believe him. He never went into specifics, unfortunately, so I can't give you any more info than that. B)

uh what about removing half the tubes in the power section. also with a little bit of mods you could actually put in a bias adjustment. and put a half power switch.

So grab a used Fender Frontman off ebay, and only use the Roland for gigs! Or patch a stereo chorus pedal into a pair of Roland MA-8s or some other powered monitor system. Too bad it doesn't have a preamp out, you could patch that into a monitor system. You're not using the distortion in the amp, are you? The most charitable comment I can remember about the JC distortion tone was "rubbish!", and I have to agree. It's great for those Andy Summers sweeping chimey tones though, or Scofield jazzy stuff, or old-school country twang, and it "works and plays well" with pedals, preamps, and rackmount multi-fx. But it's always going to be loud!!

hmm bypass transistor q23 and go striaight into q29 and q30 repeat for left side well you could also go ahead and lower the voltage on the output section too.

It would only affect the tone if you're relying on driving the input stage of the amp with a hot signal. Otherwise, it's a pretty good way to lower the overall volume. You could also get an EQ pedal and set the frequencies to flat, but turn down the volume on the EQ pedal and leave it engaged.