It is African Mahogany and I plan to use a bigsby trem. I bought a maple piece that is 3x3x35 for the neck and a big piece of purpleheart for the fretboard. I also have a really nice 1/4 sheet of flame maple for a top. This is my first project and i really need help. When using scale, what are the exact points of measurement? Im sure many other questions will come up and thanks for helping me out.

Edited by RMatthewFitzpa

It'll only help that if it's a premade neck. However, that wasn't what he was asking. His words were:

When using scale, what are the exact points of measurement?

Nut-12th fret x2 is more exact because intonation can mess things up when measuring.

The bridge issue only came into question when he questioned the reasoning behind slanted TOM bridges, and how intonation worked for those.

Not to be argumentative, but where did he say that? I reread his posts, but did not see an explicit request like that. Did he PM you or something?

Or, what if RMatthewFitzpa cleared this up himself?

i just use logic...there is no other reason for him to phrase the question as he did

just read between the lines :D

Ahem..

Can you use a thinner body with a bolt-on bass? And just make the neck rout a little deeper and set the bridge in so its the right height to not have an angled neck? Or would you loose stability or somthin?

(if it makes a difference the bridge I would use is a hipshot vintage 4, its a lot like a standard fender bass bridge)