how to use the CAD drawings.

so i downloaded that tele CAD drawing...but i guess im not very good with the program as ive never seen it before...

the only thing that that drawing is useful for, is the SHAPE of the body...

so how do i make it so its REAL full size? can i somehow make it bigger in the cad program itself, and the print it on many pieces of paper?

well you can do it if you have a good printer that is specifically set up to your computer, i.e. length and width of standard printer sheet. in turbo cad you can just go up to options and select space units. if you are using one of the drawings from the guide to guitar building then select metric. this works for most drawings as metric is used everywhere except america. now it should be in full scale or pretty damn close. just print it out, but make sure you set it up in print preview and take away uneeded sheets as the program doesnt do this for you already. if you dont do that then you will be waiting for your printer to spit out 90 sheets of paper with nothing on them.

take it to a print shop and have them print it for you for 3 dollars.

also its usefull for scale lenght, fret positioning, neck shape, pickup positions and shapes, and headstock shape as well as the body shape. but it depends where you got the cad drawing, thats what a good drawing should do at any rate

ok i ask them to print it for me...but can't i do that at home?

or do you mean ask them to print a HUGE copy...real size? (i think that would cost more than 3 dollars)

i got turboCAD 2d (the one from guitarbuild.com).. will this print stuff out like mentioned above? i got it last night, and haven't really had a chance to play around with it.

i have the same thing...

i did the thing that was said....went to options and such....chose metric...

it said that it's full size 1:1

i tried printing, but like you said about 10 blank pages came out...how do i do this??

also its usefull for scale lenght, fret positioning, neck shape, pickup positions and shapes,  and headstock shape as well as the body shape. but it depends where you got the cad drawing, thats what a good drawing should do at any rate

or do you mean ask them to print a HUGE copy...real size? (i think that would cost more than 3 dollars)

actually it wouldnt cost more, it might but no more then 10 dollars, the reason you have white pages coming out is because the drawing is square so its the parts that have nothing drawn on them that come out blank.

also its usefull for scale lenght, fret positioning, neck shape, pickup positions and shapes,  and headstock shape as well as the body shape. but it depends where you got the cad drawing, thats what a good drawing should do at any rate

actually it wouldnt cost more, it might but no more then 10 dollars, the reason you have white pages coming out is because the drawing is square so its the parts that have nothing drawn on them that come out blank.

how do i make just the guitar print?