Seven string V

hey all. I'm new here, and I'm thinking about building myself a neckthru seven string V (maple neck, alder wings), somewhat in the style of jackson king V, but with a Carvin neckthru neck.

I'm experienced in wood working, but this will be my first attempt at anything guitar related, so i have a few questions.

What's the best glue for gluing the wings on?

How would i go about doing a tung oil finish? Is it like stain (apply, dry, sand, apply)

What would be the most crucial things I'd need to know?

thanks in advance guys.

John.

you don't need to sand between applications of tung oil...it just soaks into the wood

i use titebond original to glue such things

and i have a secret seven string v project in the works right now...

oh okay,i will give you a preview

seven_0001.jpg

seven_0003.jpg

see how i am?and i said i would not show it until completed :D

and i have a secret seven string v project in the works right now...

there must be something in the water -- i'm working on a 7-stg V too. the body will be wider and blockier shaped than that, but i can't finalize the dimensions until the neck finally shows up from carvin.

oh okay,i will give you a preview

looks very nice -- the same flowing dart-shaped lines as your 6-stg V, with those swept points on the wing tips. is that a set-neck, or just a shelf carved into a carvin neck-thru? you must be using EMGs, with those long humbucker routes without divots for tabs.