Sound clips of my padauk/mahogany semi-hollow!

I just spent about 15 minutes just plugging in the padauk guitar and just running through a bunch of pickup configurations and settings on the Genesis 1 modeler just plugged into the PC... Just hamming around to capture a variety of different tones... As the title says, just clowning around with it before taking it apart for finishing. Strings are old and intonation not set or anything yet. It's just to give a flavor of the range it is capable of... Cheers!!! :D Boggs

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Cyb...WithPadauk1.mp3

The piece of padauk I got was originally 2x6x36inches and was about $25 or so from what I remember. It wasn't that bad at all. We got 2 tops and 2 backs out of it.

I got mine locally at Pittsford Lumber. Any quality lumber house should have it or know where you could get it locally. It isn't all that rare. Boggs

Good luck, and let us know what you will be doing with it! Boggs

I just spent about 15 minutes just plugging in the padauk guitar and just running through a bunch of pickup configurations and settings on the Genesis 1 modeler just plugged into the PC... Just hamming around to capture a variety of different tones... As the title says, just clowning around with it before taking it apart for finishing. Strings are old and intonation not set or anything yet. It's just to give a flavor of the range it is capable of... Cheers!!! B) Boggs

If you added some background talking and a cash register ringing, you would have the sound of a guitar shop nailed. Hee hee hee. :D

I like the tone at 1:35. Very Doobie Brothers there. Again at 2:08. Sounds great so far. Too bad you have to take it appart to finish it now.

I just spent about 15 minutes just plugging in the padauk guitar and just running through a bunch of pickup configurations and settings on the Genesis 1 modeler just plugged into the PC... Just hamming around to capture a variety of different tones... As the title says, just clowning around with it before taking it apart for finishing. Strings are old and intonation not set or anything yet. It's just to give a flavor of the range it is capable of... Cheers!!!  :D Boggs

If you added some background talking and a cash register ringing, you would have the sound of a guitar shop nailed. Hee hee hee. :D

I like the tone at 1:35. Very Doobie Brothers there. Again at 2:08. Sounds great so far. Too bad you have to take it appart to finish it now.

:D That's hysterical, Jehle!!! B) ... and you are so correct... :D Boggs