My first eBay Dud, now what?

Gorecki.

In my time I learned a bit of miltant action. If all goes decent with this return then you're good. If not, here's what I did.

I told the person that I would use the eBay search function DAILY and search for every item they buy or sell. I would contact every bidder/buyer and tell them he was a scam, and that they should NOT go through with the transaction at all. This scares them. You could continue to ruin every single auction he goes through FOREVER. :D It's militant but useful!

Another option would be to determine what the body is worth to you (if cheap enough, you could sell it at this forum), ask him to pay the difference. And as indicated before, your feedback is your hostage.

I sometimes have problems like this when I take trades for guitar repair work : " I swear if I knew that neck had a broken-off screw, I would have said something when you asked if the neck needed any repairs". :D

I think you have handeled the situation very well. On ebay it is always wise to avoid negative feedback whenever possible, because, as you said, it will almost always result in you getting the same in return. I think it was also good that you didnt totally bash him right off the bat. It looks like everything might just work out, unless he turns out to be ""car dealer decent,"" as skibum so wisely pointed out.

Well to bring this saga to conclusion...I got a FULL REFUND and am also keeping the body. Think I'm going to take a crack at fixing the gap and it doesn't hold, I could always make it into a wall clock or something. :D

Brian

Excellent!

Too bad you didn't get a chance to stop is sales lol - I like being militant when needed.

So now your mission is to turn the POS body into a BAD-ASS guitar that is beyond what is expected for that body. Turn it into a zombie!

So now your mission is to turn the POS body into a BAD-ASS guitar that is beyond what is expected for that body. Turn it into a zombie!

You read my mind. I've got plans of makin it worth my time. Thinkin YJM in the neck, Evolution in the bridge with a scalloped maple neck reversed, maybe even birdseye just to be a wanker. :D Don't know if this combo will work cause the Evo is so hot and the YJM is so light but that's my thinking.

I like the idea of a wall clock. I like it a lot! If nothing else, you can use the body to practice your finishing techniques.

Had this idea for a while but haven't had anything to do with it, simply finish a body...put cheapo pickups in it. A clock's motor isn't hard to come up with...