Import info for UK forum members

fidgec94

For what its worth....

Commodity code for Guitar/Instrument parts: 9209940000

Duty expected to be paid on such items: 2.7%

I don't know whether it can be extended to complete guitars or just specifically parts. I was pricing some things up and thought i'd better know exactly what i'd get charged this end.

Don't forget, duty is added to the cost of the goods PLUS shipping and then VAT goes on top of that. I understand that there can be a third charge; this is a brokerage surcharge imposed by the postal service that take the item(s) through customs. This seems to be a bit more hit and miss - out of 14 feedback responses on the Warmoth site only one person was charge (£10).

Touch wood, (ahahaha), I've not been hit for anything that's come into me from the USA, Taiwan or anywhere else for that matter, but it's better to be pre-warned!

• 3 weeks later...

ive stopped buying stuff from the US now cuz of VAT, import charges and any other way they are trying to get my money for buying somehting elsewhere... cuz it just ends up only a few £ less and twice as much hasstle when ordering from america !!!

just shop about or see if you can get them not to put the value on the outside of the packaging cuz then they dont know how much import charge to put on and just send it straight out! B)

BigT

:D