5-string bass

Hey guys,

Well I finally got a digital camera a couple of weeks ago. I figured why not post a picture of where i'm at :D

PhBass.jpg

This is my first instrument. I stole the body design from Warrior Instruments' Signature models (www.warriorinstruments.com)

Its a bolt-on maple / purpleheart 3-ply neck with Pau Ferro fingerboard and mahogany body. The sole pickup will be a homemade musicman humbucker type with alnico 5 rods.

I originally sunbursted the thing but after 2 failed attempts I sanded the whole thing back to wood (see other thread somewhere else here about my sunburst screw ups)

I started this bass in december and will be probably ready in a month or two. I'm on a strict monthly budget here (The wife, ya know!) or this would've been done faster :D

Not to count that I started this project with NOTHING which means more than 70% of the costs went into tools B)

i sortof like the "finish" the way it is right now. The matte and used surface looks cool, like it is an instrument u have used and cherished for a long time.

Thanks Killahworm, but there's no finish whatsoever :D

What you see is the body that was sanded back to wood. The darker spots are simply the spots where the sanding sealer/wood filler is incrusted inside the grain.