Tele-style finished in Colortone

I hand stained the top with blue first, then cleared over the whole guitar, about 3 coats. Lightly sanded the top, just to level, then sanded the sides and back. I mixed up a shader of Colortone and blue dye, with a drop of black, then sprayed the first burst, which you can't actually see in the photo, but you can in person. Then, I added a little more black dye and shot the outside again, moving closer to the edge.

Then I taped off the front and shot the opaque black on the back and sides. Untaped and shot the solid black on the front, curling over the edges to complete the burst.

I'm getting ready to do a Tobacco sunburst for the first time, maybe I'll take some pics of that process to show.

Thanks, krazyderek. I wanted something a little different, so I just removed everything that didn't look right.

The cutaway on the lower horn was done with a JET oscillating spindle sander. I chucked up the biggest sleeve I had and held the guitar at that angle and sanded away. After a couple of mintues, I had the perfect cutaway there.

Darren, I belong to AMPGE. Try www.ampge.com. I get all my pickup parts there.

They sound great, actually. I wound them to about 10900 turns, and they are RWRP, so they are hum cancelling in the middle.

I used 42SPN wire, and ceramic magnets for a little hotter, sharper sound.