Some offer courses for a few weeks....I think there's a couple that offer weekend courses....the costs aren't tooo bad...

you'd likely do better with a woodworking course in a local college....probably cheaper...and you'll learn about the same thing....

Roberto Venn isn't too far from you ...just a couple states over...save up and take a real course there...

a weekend???

I wonder if there's any members in LA willing to give the guy a look for a few $$

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, people... learn to use Google! The information is out there and easy to find.

I don't think there is such a thing as a weekend course, unless you're just hoping to learn how to assemble a guitar from parts or at MOST carve something from pre-made blanks. Glue won't even set up properly in a weekend, and you can forget about most finishing. About all you could learn in a weekend course would be how to assemble a guitar from parts, maybe apply an oil finish, install hardware and electronics, and learn how to do a good setup.

I think the shortest courses you're likely to find (where you actually learn anything useful) would be a week or two. Most of the reputable courses are months.