New Guitar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nahh

im looking for a Spiderman theme not Spider or ant. Sorry no offense. It also looks more like a bass design like Gene Simons Ax. Um i want to keep the same basic spider body. Little things would help. and the Headstock. I was thinking of a web shot inlay stretching the frett board and then have a Web headstock. Like the decal on spidermans clothing for the headstock

Shready - The last design seems to have lost some of whatever it was that made it special, it's a bit less Batman if you know what I mean. It would look prety awesome if it was carved like the blue one that someone posted though.

Keep going dude, it's looking promising

I was talking about shreadys.

You're design is comming on too, some of the cut outs for the legs look like they might be quite hard to do though. But there's nothing that can't be done if you sit down and think about it for a while. Also, I know that the pickup placement is indicative, but if you put your back pup where it is there will be very little wood holding the back of the guitar on. Same goes for the front one too. Keep going though, it'll get there. :D

To be honest, I hate the spider design, but you can do what you like! It is your guitar, and if you are happy with it thats all that matters.

PS I also hate all BC Richs, Rickenbackers, Danelectros.... They are perfectly good guitars.

hey monkey, here is a thought for your design... what about doing your leg pattern as an inlay on say a les paul double cutaway shape, or an sg, or any shape for that matter.. you could do a big wood inlay, even stain it red before you put it in.. i know you are trying to come up with the craazy design, but i'm not sure it is first build material.

other than that, i agree with MikeB abo9ut your project... do whatcha want!

(also I agree about BC Rich.. ick!)

Yeah, I think the spider guitar is going downhill. I enjoy spiderman, and I think the idea is do-able, but there's definitely a distinct lack of "Wow" factor there. "The Design" hasn't come up here.

As for the Batman guitar...

I'm more a fan on the body styles where the points on the back of the body were coming straight back. It should look... like a cape, you know. Maybe incorporate a little bit of asymmetry.

For a spiderman guitar, I know it sounds a little generic, but I'm thinking something more like an LP or SG, only with the "Web" design that's actually on Spiderman's costume ,if you catch my meaning. This would mostly be a paint job, I suppose.

For actually body changes, my theory is find a classic and adapt some changes, rather than go for something that's completely out in left field, espeically if you're actually planning on making it. This ensures at least SOME level of basic playability. It's also largely why I enjoy the way the Batman guitar is based on the Vee.

At any rate, I'd really like to see the Spiderman guitar come to fruition, so let's continue to work through some design concepts.

ok, so i'll use that body. i got it printed out, but i don't have enough plywood to make a template yet. Any suggestions on wood type?

i would use something like maple, something simple because you dont need the grain to be perfect cuz your using a opaque black and yellow (unless you changed your mind?) but thats what i wouold use :D