New Guitar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are more, but i just cant think of them right now, it also depends alot on the tone you want , if you want something mellow, or if you want some that really crunches the distortion and makes the ground shake (figure of speech)

Curtis

The first revision after my last post had lost its "Batman" charm and just looked like a generic metal axe. But this newest one has regained it, and it looks more like what I was thinking of with my last suggestion.

Seems to be a winner, but that's just me. :D Keep revising; worst case scenario, you'll come back to this one and say, "Yeah, that's the one after all."

Greg

I like the arches narrow and pointy as they are now. It screams Batman. Classic Batman, not George Clooney Batman. Or whoever the hell the most recent one was... Val Kilmer...? Hell, I don't remember anymore. :D

Greg

Batman:

This is going to be a sweet looking axe if it's done right. I've been thinking about this thing way too much!

The newer look of the curves is definetely doing it for me, very very nice. Definitely some potential for an amazing guitar here, I think.

For wood: Consider doing a multi-piece body, it's going to be very tricky to get your hands on wood of that size.

Have you considered alternate hardware for the axe? Possibly one of those larger gold delta-style tailpieces that are seen on some other Vee-style guitars?

Did I see you mention LED's a few pages back? Be sure to use those in moderation, as they can really make an otherwise classy guitar seem gaudy. Tasteful positioning determines wheather a guitar will be show-worthy or door stop material... :D

Spiderman:

If you're going to do this guitar, pulling no punches for practicality, do it, but be aware that people are saying things for a reason.

From my perspective, you're going to have a lot of issues trying to do the routing precisely, additionally, it's going to be tricky to get all the spots in the contour finished decently. Thirdly, you're going to have a really good time doing all the wiring and finding good spots for the switches. Finally, I think can't imagine it sounding very good with so little wood near the pickups.

Depending on which of these things are issues (if any) I would seriously consider revising the design. While it is a spiderman tribute, it's important to remember that at it's most basic level, it IS a guitar, a musical instrument, and I can see your enjoyment of it decreasing greatly if were difficult to play. B)

I was just gonna use the LEDs in the headstock to light up the Batman logo. I was considering the other tailpiece, but i don't know if it would work because my design of the V is modified, and a bit longer than a regular V. But if I make my own, it would work. As for the wood, i knew there was no way that i was gonna find one piece of wood big enough for the whole thing. I'm thinking about doing what silvertone suggested, but making the center piece longer as to accomidate the nek pocket.

It's going good, I am in the process of modifying the headstock, and i need to get the body wood from my local saw mill. I'm taking pictures of the whole process with my friends digital camera cause his is better than mine. I won't get 'em on here soon though cause he is on vacation. and i don't have the software the goes with the camera. I have one question. Does anybody know where i can get pickup covers with custom art on them. Like on the bridge pickup on this ESP guitar? Or what kind of paint to use if you buy the regular EMG looking ones, and paint it your self.