Guitar Of The Month For June

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 25th of May then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Body - european sycamore over quartersawn ribbon-grained african mahogany. The sycamore is carved front and back, and the mahogany heavily chambered, leaving the back about .5" thick, and the front .25" with a solid centre section to accomodate the tremolo cavity and pickups. Double bound with wenge/maple/pau ferro and matching backstrip. Cavities covered with grainmatched body wood epoxied to aluminium sheet for strength and stability.

Neck - laminated from 3 pieces of Pau Ferro (aka morado, Santos Rosewood) with contrasting curly maple veneer lines. Head and heel are capped with madagascar RW, EIRW fretboard with MOP snowflake inlays and sidedots, bound with wenge and curly maple purlfing. Back of the head has an EIRW veneer flowing out into a small volute.

Hardware - Gold Hipshot tremolo and Grover Sta-tite tuners, wenge pickup rings and knobs with MOP position indicators.

Electrics - Swineshead Condor pickups with RW bobbin tops, master volume with pullpot to switch to single coil mode, stereo pan pot with centre detent for pickup selection, and a BigD Varitone.

62_body_closeup.jpg

65_back_closeup.jpg

63_neckpickup_closeup.jpg

66_covers_closeup.jpg

More images:

Front panorama

Back panorama

Front closeup

Neck joint closeup

Full length front

Back of headstock

Front of headstock*

More pics and construction photos available on my blog (link in my signature)

*Nut incomplete - hence the long string ends and horrible deep slots. I don't have a pic after finishing the nut and trimming the string ends - Sorry!

Hey Gang, my first GOTM, I hope you enjoy this as I had a blast building it

5pc Neck-thru Flame Maple, Mahogany and Walnut neckthru - Ebony Fretboard 22fret, 24.75 scale

Mother-of -Pearl and Abalone block inlays

Figured Maple top (3/4") and Mahogany back wings w/binding

3 tone custom heritage burst

HH - Duncan JB (bridge) and SH1-59 (neck)

Chrome Hardware, Schaller wrap around bridge(Recessed), & Tuners

LP style controls

MatthFinallength2.JPG

MatthFinalheel.JPG

MattHfinalheadstock.JPG

matthfinaltopside.jpg

Volute

HeadDown

Body

Thanks Terry D.

I present to you my first completed build: The 'Mu X' E-Series. The Mu X in statistics stands for "expected value" hense the name. The E stands for the person I named it after, and there's a secret hidden note inside the guitar somewhere to that person.

The Neck:

-22 fret, 25" scale indian rosewood fretboard with medium/medium frets.

-Sprezel locking tuners with a graphtech nut

-Recon stone turqouise web sine wave inlay (in lieu of the strings vibrating as a sine wave over them) with matching turqouise side dots.

The Body:

-Australian Lacewood semi-hollow body with sitka spruce top and "neo-classical" (my design) f-holes.

-Spruce output jack cover and pickup rings, with turqouise lined adjustment screw holes.

-Upper neck pocket turqouise accent.

-Hipshot Baby Grand Bridge

Electronics:

-GFS dream 90 in the neck and a vintage split humbucker in the rear.

-One volume, one tone (with .022 mf), and a 5-way blade giving

1)Bridge humbucker

2)Split humbucker

3)Split humbucker and P90

4)Full humbucker and P90

5)P90

This thing provides a lot of variety. The Lacewood gives almost an alder type tone, and that coupled with the semi-hollow body and the GFS vintage split in the bridge position it sounds very '72 Fender Tele Thinline' like. However, the P90 in the neck gets REALLY fat, and gives amazing 'soft rock' tones like you'd want for "Howie Day- Collide" or some Teddy Gieger songs. However, that tone knob REALLY affects the P90 and you can go from classic P90 sound to the jazziest neck position sound I've EVER heard live. I was a little skeptical about the GFS pickups at first, but now I love them!

downneck.jpg

skewedfront.jpg

lacewoodgrain.jpg

details.jpg

The details are really what make a guitar, and this constant theme of spruce and turqouise is everywhere.

Back pic

Front pic

Hope you enjoy,

Chris

Remember only 4 pictures in GOTM entry, the rest must be links. Thanks.

Edited by Guitarfrenzy

What the heck, this is the last one I'll be able to finish for a while since I'm moving my shop in May.

01s.jpg

02s.jpg

03s.jpg

06s.jpg

SF3 1st Singlecut Progression

2-Piece Alder Body

Round Over Comfort Carve Top and Back

Solid Olive Green Gloss Polyester Finish

25.5" Scale Length

Neck Wood 5 Piece Flame Maple/Wenge

Wenge Fingerboard

2mm Pearl Side Dots

24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets

12" Radius Fingerboard

Standard/Round "C" Neck Profile

2 Way Adjustable Truss Rod

Zerofret & Locking Floyd Rose Nut

Clear Gloss Polyester Neck Finish

Black Hardware Finish

EMG Humbucking Pickups

Schaller Locking Strap Buttons

AMB Headless Bridge

Roland Permanent Synth Installation

Edited by Scott French

This was my second guitar.

I made a new fingerboard for it that has maple binding and refinished the body in tung oil.

Specs

24" scale length

Wenge body

Maple neck/binding

Ebony fingerboard

Seymour Duncan Full Shread humbuckers

straplocks

locking tuners

bone nut

It sounds amazing. I showed it to one of my friends (a VERY good guitar player) he owns a PRS Custom 24 and he said he likes the neck/fretjob/playability of my guitar more than his PRS.

112145contrast.jpg

110812.jpg

wengeneck1.jpg

wengegsmall.jpg

Full length front

Side

Back

Closeup controls

Edited by Godin SD

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got it done, just in time for June too! I call it the "Master of Reality" SG. Just a little personal tribute to heavy metal pioneers, Black Sabbath.

reality0037wm.jpg

reality0135yc.jpg

reality0125am.jpg

reality0055ay.jpg

All Honduras mahogany body and neck made entirely from scratch.

My original neckthru design incorporates the neck portion sleeved INSIDE the body halves, only one seam on the outside.

1 vol / 1 tone, 3-way toggle, plug in at rear strap button.

Golden Age overwound humbuckers.

Schaller roller bridge and stop tailpiece, both custom painted.

Pickguard is one side scratch resistant "Acrulite" clear plexi with the back spray painted. Its actually the second one I made, certainly wasn't thinking as there definitely IS a difference between 22 and 24 fret guitars and that is one of them. But I'm getting pretty handy at using my jewellers saw.

24 frets on rosewood fretboard 12" radius, Gibson scale length.

Blue-dyed abalone inlay markers.

Grover tuners (I'll be hunting down a set of all black tuners for this guitar later.)

Hotrod bi-flex trussrod inside.

Custom made stainless steel trussrod cover.

Finish is all rattlecan acrylic lacquer. I wish I could take better pictures because the blue is a fine metal flake which I just can't seem to bring out with the camera. All the gunmetal gray is Duplicolor SUV paint.

I'm done with this guitar after trying out numerous finish strategies. But I finally found something that works well with the SG body style. Time to get going on something else.

more pics

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1574/reality0100uj.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2323/reality0062ge.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1151/reality0043it.jpg

Edited by Southpa

Ah what the heck...putting your first ever build ( From 3 lumps of timber to what you see here in 5 days ) in for guitar of the month is dumb right? but its all a bit of fun....and i fancy a battle of the wenge guitars ! ;-)

Ok ...ill keep it simple ( like the guitar)...I wanted a change from the flamey, curly, deep laquered, stained maple so have opted for the less is more, understated approach....bringing your focus to the stylish ( imho)chrome pick up surrounds and hardware.The guitar is pretty much set neck les paul standard spec 24 3/4 scale length. Although body is slightly thinner to counter the heavy wenge cap.

Body Les paul standard shape, Flame Meranti back,carved WENGE cap. More comfortable heel, body join carve , Danish oiled finish

Neck Mahogany neck, Ebony fingerboard, MOP dot markers, wide fat gibson style frets, wenge veneer to headstock face. stewmac trusrod , quite a bit smaller outline of les paul headstock with small gotoh machines all in chrome. Danish oiled silky finish.....lovely.

Hardware All chrome, 60's telecaster style flat top knobs moved closer to playing position than normal les paul to help with volume swells, chrome arched bottom to match the carve better pick up rings, chrome T.O.M bridge and stop tail piece, chrome 3 way switch . push / pull tone pots to split the humbuckers to single coils. , Chrome strap lock.

Pick ups Calibrated matched pair of BAREKNUCKLE Black Dogs..hand scatterwound humbuckers with coil splits. open black design.

and thats about it....enjoy the pics ( sorry for those who have already seen this in the finished work thread) ;-)

If anyone knows of other wenge capped les pauls id love to see? ....it rocks by the way....with a mid range growl !

w1.jpg

PIC_0004.jpg

129.jpg

127.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/billbuckle/w3.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/billbuckle/w4.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/bil...le/PIC_0007.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/bil...le/PIC_0002.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/billbuckle/w01.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/billbuckle/w6.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/bil...le/PIC_0001.jpg

Edited by Dan Salter