Amp Head Suggestions

Reinhold

i looked in to there vintage series they seemed to get some good reviews i was seriously considering one then i found that working dog on ebay and well i have been drooling over those for a few years now. but i havent ever looked much at there other amps i just dont need that much amp. single chanel with a reverb and im happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what I would do (and what I'm going to do): get an Egnater. I'll be getting the Rebel 20 myself but they make other more powerful models too. A friend of mine has the Renegade combo and loves it. The cool features are a tube blend section that lets you choose 6V6 or EL34, or a combination of the two. It's like two amps in one. And there is also a knob that lets you roll off the power anywhere from 20 watts to 1 watt. Very versatile.

Check out the Youtube videos. Impressive design.

while the egnater is a very versatile amp its not fitting his needs he is wanting or needing a three channel amp with more power than the 20 watt rebel. and while the rebel covers a lot of tonal ranges ya dont want to be on stage fiddling with knobs inbetween each song to get the right drive and tone for it.

Yeah, I understand. I just mentioned the Rebel 20 because that's the one I have been focusing on personally. Egnater also has the Renegade (18w/65w switchable, 2 channels) with the same features I mentioned, and the Tourmaster (10w/100w switchable, 4 channels). He wanted something versatile, and I don't know how much more versatile you could get than a tube mix control giving you Fender and Marshall-style tones, and a switchable wattage control to take it down to practice volume or up to stage volume. The trade-off for such versatility would be the need to manually change your settings on the amp, but what other option is there?

I know I sound like an Egnater rep or something, which I'm not, but they just seem extremely versatile and impressive to me. I thought I would share in case he hadn't heard of them.

Egnater amps

I just got back from vacation and my relative said he can offer me any vox at a great discount, so I'm thinking of either getting the AC30H2 I tried there or the night train, then a series of really nice pedals for my OD and reverb and stuff. Anyone try digitech hardwire pedals, I tried the reverb one there and it sounded great with the AC30H2, so I might try that and one of their od pedals.

Yeah, I understand. I just mentioned the Rebel 20 because that's the one I have been focusing on personally. Egnater also has the Renegade (18w/65w switchable, 2 channels) with the same features I mentioned, and the Tourmaster (10w/100w switchable, 4 channels). He wanted something versatile, and I don't know how much more versatile you could get than a tube mix control giving you Fender and Marshall-style tones, and a switchable wattage control to take it down to practice volume or up to stage volume. The trade-off for such versatility would be the need to manually change your settings on the amp, but what other option is there?

I know I sound like an Egnater rep or something, which I'm not, but they just seem extremely versatile and impressive to me. I thought I would share in case he hadn't heard of them.

Egnater amps

im not going to argue one point there they get some good reviews and i have looked at them on youtube and other sites seem pretty cool. just didnt seem like what he was interested in.