Build.

Not much lol. Inlaying is a PITA.

Also, weddings prevent progress lol

:D

I thought you were already married. You've mentioned "the wife" a few times.....I just assumed it was "your" wife you were referring to.

SR

Oh, I'm totally married!

2 friends I set up in college are getting married, and my wife's cousin is getting married.

Thanks for bringing the thread back up though! I have time to work on it today :D

Not much lol. Inlaying is a PITA.

Also, weddings prevent progress lol

:D

I thought you were already married. You've mentioned "the wife" a few times.....I just assumed it was "your" wife you were referring to.

SR

Oh, I'm totally married!

2 friends I set up in college are getting married, and my wife's cousin is getting married.

Thanks for bringing the thread back up though! I have time to work on it today :D

Yeah, I know. I'm just poking at you. Two friends you set up huh? That's some pressure for you.

I had to bring the thread back up. You can't just be mysterious and then walk away and leave us hanging. That would be wrong.

SR

• 4 months later...

I'm quite familiar with Russ's rising sun guitar. That said, what worried me about this guitar if the the veneer went through the whole body depth was that the veneer cut right across the whole width of endgrain in some places. That would have just been asking for it to snap there. Whereas Russ's guitar only going across small areas due to the veneers subtle curves, nor does it go at as sharp an angle and therefore has less end-grain glue surface. Totally different structurally.

Chris