A complete newbie to all this, just wanting to say hi :)

Hi everyone,

I'm Rob, i'm 32 and I live in South East of England. I've been playing guitar since I was 13 and i'm in a punk band called Snide.

I've always fancied having a go at guitar building and don't know where to start. Last month, somebody introduced me to the DIY kits, which I didn't know existed, and i've just ordered a Jazzmaster style one. I don't know if these are frowned upon here, but I thought it would be a good place for me to start? But, i'm going to need some help all along the way.

My aim, because i'm a Telecaster freak, is to build my own Tele completely from scratch sometime in the future, but that's a long way away yet.

So, i'm quite friendly and would love to chat to folks while i'm on here and get any help you're all willing to give me:)

Rob

Hey Rob, allow me to welcome you as well!

As far as kit builds go, they are a great way to start. Here is a as yet un-completed build thread by one of our long time esteemed members:

As you see you can end up with a sweet guitar.....and a huge desire to build one from scratch next. Get one started and start a thread and ask all the questions you want. We'll enjoy watching and helping out.

SR