Help With A Slightly Cracked Neck

Hey guys, my brother came across an Epiphone Flying V at a yard sale for nearly nothing. It has become my latest project guitar. The neck has a small crack in it and my plan is to use a glue syringe, apply some wood glue, clamp, then sand smooth. I'll be refinishing it anyway. My only concern is the glue getting too deep and effecting the truss rod causing it to be stuck. Do you think that's something to worry about? I think I can just apply the glue to the outer edges and be ok but I'm slightly new to this type of repair. Any help or advise would be great. Thanks.

If the picture links don't work I apologize. I haven't posted in this forum in years. Also, I was pulling the crack open a lil in the pictures to show what I'm dealing with better. There's usually not that much of a gap.

Flying V Neck 1.jpg

Flying V Neck 2.jpg

Flying V Neck 3.jpg

Flying V Neck 4.jpg

I doubt you could get enough glue in far enough to cause a truss rod issue. If you did, you could remove the fretboard and clean it up. Or you could take the fretboard off first, protect the truss rod and likely have a better shot at getting glue everywhere you need it.

SR

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try it with the fretboard on and see how it goes. I know how to remove it but I've never actually done it before. It's a neck thru and so messing up the fretboard would cause me all kinds of problems. 

You might want to try and get ahold of some needle syringes, perhaps gauge 18 or lower to inject glue into the crack. What kind of truss rod does that Epi use? If it's a single-acting compression rod, the glue will do nothing to impede its function if you do contaminate the slot.