Multi Voiced Guitar Build

19 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Indeed! How long did it take in real time? Looks pretty nice!

Started talking about it in January. Drawings in February. Glue up started in March. It has been of and on since then but has picked up as of lately.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, Andyjr1515 said:

Hi and welcome :)

Looks interesting.  What are the specs ref scale, pickups, etc?

24 3/4 scale

fishman under saddle piezo

lr bags control x preamp

Tom Anderson cma3 bridge pup

Tom Anderson cma2 neck pup

Wenge Laminated neck

Black Limba back with a wedge of Wenge (kind of reminiscent of the acoustics with 3 piece back)

Maple top

Ebony fretboard and Bridge

Bone nut and Saddle

going to use acoustic strings as the TA pups are designed for them

When we strung it up with a temp jig to find the proper bridge placement it had amazing resonance! Go me excited

Edited by Livinloud777

the subtle stain really works with that piece. You know, if you upload your photos to photos.google.com instead of photobucket, you won't get any annoying watermarks on your pics, there is no cost or storage limit to google photos and there is a really good phone app app that makes it easy to put your photos into albums for your builds 👍

2 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

the subtle stain really works with that piece. You know, if you upload your photos to photos.google.com instead of photobucket, you won't get any annoying watermarks on your pics, there is no cost or storage limit to google photos and there is a really good phone app app that makes it easy to put your photos into albums for your builds 👍

Thx. I have been trying to figure that exact thing out

2 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

How are you going to sneak the pickups in? Or are they going to be top mounted?

There is enough space inside to feed them through then a couple of screws in the top. Basically using the top as the pickup ring.

SNePuIevNPdPh49LaqEjDXgffTlwHjs-uilIX-zc

That's what I thought by the looks. One question, though: Are there springs between the inside of the top and the feet of the pickups and if there are, how do you sneak them in?

2 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

That's what I thought by the looks. One question, though: Are there springs between the inside of the top and the feet of the pickups and if there are, how do you sneak them in?

Yep, rubber bushings between the top and the feet. They stay on the screw enough to set the screw in, slide on the bushing, move the pickup in place, and then wiggle it all around until it finds the right hole in the pickup. Something I hope to only have to do once.

• Like 1

Yet a question to clarify: By rubber bushings do you mean a piece of hose instead of a spring, or just a thin rubber washer to hold the spring?

I'm asking because my current build starts to be in the phase of installing electrickery.