Spidy Project

ok well i herd tha some of you dont like the design. What design would you like. I want to make a new style body. I dont want to make an sg or and lp or even a strat. I want to do something completely different. Im going to have my friend help with drwing the inlays. Maybe i can change your minds about the design after you see the inlay CAD. Well this is actually my second build. First time inlay though. But for all of you who just noticed this post, here is the body design.

spidyprojectdraft2.gif

Please post comments and ideas. If you dont like the body tell me what to change or what to make to make this guitar look cool. Oh and by the way i made the template of it and it feels relativly good to play.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me the spidey legs towards the neck are just going to get in the way when playing! unless u have hands/fingers the thickness of paper u arnt gonna be able to play from the 17th fret up with out having to move your hand back and around the legs.

why not make the legs go out slighly further? will steal the pic and do a lil variation on it 2 show whats in my head atm with that design. appart from that its pretty kool very original (i think) ive never seen a spider guitar before (and the KH-3 doesnt count)

Big T

:D

the space there is actually a half an inch. Its stuff like that that helps me thanks.

to me the spidey legs towards the neck are just going to get in the way when playing! unless u have hands/fingers the thickness of paper u arnt gonna be able to play from the 17th fret up with out having to move your hand back and around the legs.

and the legs snapping off im going to put a coast of epoxy all over this thing then paint over the epoxy. Or something like that. The head stock is going to be the shape of a spider web and the neck will have an inlay of a web shot like when spiderman is swingging from buildings, the rope web hes on.

I like hte way it looks, but think of how you are going to make the cuts in the legs, thier is no way you can get a bandsaw to do that on your second build, if you were much more experienced maybe. But you would be likley to break a blade trying to back track.

I think you should try the carving idea, use a router to get most of it out and then clean up with chisel.

but it really dosnt look very safe at that pickup area

and lower fret acess is nill.

but if you can pull it off, you have my vote for guitar of the month

good luck :D

I just dont get why people dont like it.

it doesnt seam feesable because it will be impossible to create a guitar with those thin points, etc. and still be able to use it without getting tired of it, and the spider wouldnt be like a guitar, the batman thing is actually like a guitar, but yours is just a little radical, but hey, like jabsco said, if you can pull it off, its got my vote (unless of course my gutiars in that month)

well. Its playable. You also have to realize that thats a small look at the guitar. The real model the edges are wider. And the guitar will have a carved look so its not really as hard. The guitar is going to play, and i might get tired of it but im tired of my strat for having it 7 years(even though im just learning to play), i still love to play it. The LP will fill my need of playing a guitar i like for a long time. As long as dont play the guitar 24 7 i think i would love this guitar. And litterally 24 hours. I pulled one yesterday if anyone noticed. But who cares about that. So the guitar will be liked for a while. The Cad will look like the Guitar but the guitar wont look like the cad if you know what im talking about. Like a shadow looks like you, but you dont look like the shadow

with the design its always gonna b hard to get the legs strong. You can still play that sat down just might not be as comfortable as the original.

but i think it looks better than the original, but i think a gutiar like that its more important to look kool than have amazin playability otherwise u might as well just build a practical guitar.

BigT

:D

i think your trying to go for comfort too much, like tommy said you dont have to make it comfortable, its a concept gutiar, what i think you should do is just make a guitar out of the spiderman logo, seriously, your trying to make it too practical and with a practical and concept guitar, it wont work.

the "head" of the spider is too weak, judging by your cad the join to the torso is too small, thinner then the width of the pickup, chances are that if you drop it (even on the neck), it will snap at that join,

also the position of the lower pickup is too close to the body-thorax (or was it abdomen) join, thus making the thorax, (where the bridge is i might add) very weak

of course what i see is possible to do, is to make the whole central body 9or most of it), part of the neck (thus making it a neckthrough), with carbon stiffening rods for the legs to make it stronger.

i seee the problem, is in building (like someone said, backing out of there with a bandsaw would be impossible) though if you use a jigsaw (or other cutting device where you move the saw, not the object) it could be much easier. also it would be a pain in the butt to sand, especially if you have to sand out bandsaw or jigsaw marks.

those guitars had to start somewhere. Well Russian, thank you very much. Im making a less indent in the neck of the spider, so it will beable to hold more weight. Now the pickups will fit most likely. It fit on the last. Well if the dont fit i will move the legs a little more out and extend the body. The pickup in the head part will be changed if nesisary<< spelled wrong i know ok well thanks. Im looking for tips like what Russian did so please tell me. OH and jigsaw is what i use anyways, but i might have someone else cut it.

those guitars had to start somewhere

look dude, i know im starting to sound like a prick, but your guitar is supposed to look like a spider, and the comfort issue makes for a crappy looking spider, now do u get it? im not trying to say your idea sucks, cuz ur idea is a great idea, but those other guitars werent supposed to look like anything (unless your getting technical, cuz originally guitars were shaped like a woman's body), other than a traditional guitar withc more edge, what your trying to do is a guitar with a lot of edge, but with comfort, and that doesnt work either, so what i would do is go straight for looks and guitar durability, like russian said