New, used, or converted?

Im in a boggle at the minute. I dont know whether to get a new JEM 7VWH, a used one, or an rg convert. Which one would work out the best? I could get an RG500+ with the lo-pro trem, and get Brian to do the whole thing, or do it myself. I finally decided to get one of these and i want to know the best way.

in all honesty, for what they are going for, I'd get a used one. Building copies is always more money. Lets assume you get an RG with lo-pro.

To make it a VWH,

gold hardware.......... easily $300

Jem conversion....................$150 - $220 (depends where you go)

Refinish body and hdstck.....$300

inlay.....................................$400 +

You still don't have a JEM profile neck, or an Alder body, oh, pickups will be another $175ish, plus the cost of the RG.

I don't think Brian is doing custom work anymore from what he has said, so I basically priced in around average.

You can get a used VWH for $900ish in good condition, you'll spend around $1500 to modify an RG to be a VWH look a like

now, if you want to try doing it yourself, I suggest doing an RG and learning :D

I see what you mean. I dont particularly have all the resources at the moment to do it myself, so i think thats out of the picture. I think my best bet is to wait until i have the cash to buy a new one or get a used one. At the moment, im empty so i will be a scrounge for the next few months :D but it will be worth it. Would anyone be selling one at the moment?

or you find a shop thats just taken an interest in building exact ibanez replicas and is willing to do some early work cheap

Yeah I tried that a couple of years ago myself, you really do get what you pay for and cheap is just that (not worth it).

or you find a shop thats just taken an interest in building exact ibanez replicas and is willing to do some early work cheap

Yeah I tried that a couple of years ago myself, you really do get what you pay for and cheap is just that (not worth it).

Not neccessarily, Just try to get references and Pictures of the shops work if you can't see it in person, ask about money back guarantee to see if they'll stand behind their work